But instead of feeding your body harmful synthetic chemicals and putting it through the stress and addiction of caffeine, try some natural and sustainable ways to wake up instead.
1. Get more sleep. It doesn't get more basic or necessary than this. Without enough sleep your body just can't function at the same level you want it to. How much sleep you need is really up to your body, so start going to bed earlier until you find the right balance to not make your alarm clock your mortal enemy.
2. Eat regular meals. Fueling your body can keep you alert and energized throughout the day.
3. Take a short walk. Even if you just get up and walk around the office or do a quick lap of your house, walking brings your heart rate back up and can give you that little bit of energy that you need.
4. Breathe. While breathing can be relaxing and help you sleep, a few deep breaths can re-energize you.
5. Exercise regularly. Exercise can keep you your energy more constant and keep you from crashing during the day.
6. Do some yoga. There are a lot of energizing yoga practices that will help wake you up when you need it most.
7. Get outdoors. The sun and the fresh air will do you some good.