Coconuts are the newest health food craze and miracle problem solver. They are everywhere from the personal care aisle to cooking. As much as I hate to admit that I am going along with what is most likely a trend, I'm in love with coconut water for a post workout pick me up and coconut oil for just about everything.
When I found this list of 52 uses for coconut oil I couldn't stop myself from sharing some of my favorites.
1. Hair and scalp treatment: on weeks when I have multiple workouts or I have to straighten it, my hair gets incredibly rough and my scalp itches like crazy! I heat up a tablespoon of the oil and rub it on my scalp as if it was shampoo and through my hair. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes before you wash as normal. My hair stays soft for days and my scalp is significantly less oily than normal and not itchy.
2. Hair styling: just a little bit tames fly aways and makes my hair look shiny and smooth
3. Incredible for cooking and baking
4. Shaving cream: the warm oil makes shaving less painful and my legs are wonderfully moisturized afterwards.
5. As a "lotion"
6. Make doors stop squeaking
7. Dry skin moisture balm
To see the rest, check out Delicious Obsessions