These lemon bars are a quick, easy fix for everyone who loves lemon desserts. They are also easy to share and a simple recipe to make. My only complaint is that everyone eats them so quickly that I never get as many as I would like.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter (not fully chilled or room temperature. To make the best crust it needs to be hard enough to hold together and "crumble," but not so cold that it does not want to incorporate with the rest of the ingredients.)
2. Combine all crust ingredients with a mixer at low speed until it is "crumbly." If you over mix, your crust will be difficult to bite through. Stop mixing when it looks like the picture here.
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup lemon juice
About 1 tablespoon of lemon peel (or the peel from 2-3 lemons)
4. Combine all ingredients except lemon juice
5. Add in the lemon juice and peel
6. By now the crust should be finished with its 20-30 minute baking time. Remove when it is lightly golden brown.
7. Pour the filling over the crust (it can go on immediately after you remove the crust from the oven).
8. Put it back in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes — until the top is lightly golden brown