This homemade oil blend is perfect to use on all dry skin including elbows, hands, feet, and everything in between. If you have a dry face and you do not break out very often, this oil can also be used a moisturizer.
For men this makes a great after shave soother or a dry skin salve. It also makes a great gift for your mom or any other woman.
What you will need:
A small funnel
4 oz bottle with dropper (cleaned and boiled to prevent bacterial growth)
Apricot or sweet almond oil for the base
Vitamin E oil
Essential oils: rose and any other scent you like
This recipe is adapted from Gorgeously Green:
1. Fill the bottle (using the funnel or you will have quite the mess, trust me) about 3/4 of the way full with either one of the base oils (I used apricot)
2. Add one teaspoon vitamin E oil (vitamin E is not only a powerful antioxidant that is good for your skin, but it also acts as a preservative to inhibit the growth of bacteria)
3. Add 5 drops rose oil (an added benefit of the rose oil is that it helps to lighten spots on the skin, including freckles. I freckle very easily, and my hands hardly have any freckles while my arms are full of them because I use this oil on my hands every night before bed.)
4. Add 5 drops each of any two essential oils you enjoy. I am not a big fan of floral scents, but I enjoy citrus. To cover the smell of the rose oil I used 5 drops orange and 5 drops lemon essential oils. For men, this is a great place for you to make the oil more "manly." You can add any scent you want, including cedar, lemongrass, cinnamon, and citrus.
5. Fill the bottle almost completely full with more of your base oil (be careful, when using a funnel. It is easy to overfill the bottle without realizing).
6. The vitamin E oil settles to the bottom, so shake it up and enjoy!
All ingredients for this recipe can be found at some local stores, but it is easiest to find them online. I bought mine from MountainRoseHerbs.com. They have a wide selection of organic oils as well as the bottle and funnel you will need.